14/01/2018

Heartfelt and Creative Valentine's Idea

Heartfelt and Creative Valentine's Idea

It might seem very early to be talking about Valentine's day, but I'm posting this now for two reasons:

1. Walking around the shops I am already seeing Valentine's themed things. I even had a 'Valentine's Love Potion' hot chocolate in Hotel Chocolat yesterday (it was delicious).

2. This idea takes a long time to organise and put together so if you want to do it, it's a good idea to get started now!

Love Note from Hawaii


I always struggle to think of ideas for Valentine's Day because I like them to be sentimental or meaningful, rather than t-shirts or video games like I might buy for birthdays or Christmas.

Last year, I discovered some fantastic groups on Facebook that let you swap love notes with other people from around the world. You post on the group to let people know where you are from and then people message you for a trade. I spent a very cold day in my local town taking photos of notes for other people with pretty background scenery, and in exchange I got some lovely photos back to give to my partner.

Love Note from Germany



I have shown just a few examples here to explain what I mean, but I actually managed to get 81 different photos. (You will notice that it doesn't say Minnie on these notes! Check out my 'About Me' section to see why).

I put them together in a scrap book for my partner with washi tapes and embellishments to make it look pretty, but you could also put them together in a slideshow, a YouTube video or on a DVD.

If you want to find the Facebook groups, search for 'Love Notes From Around the World' and a few will come up.

Let me know if try this. I'd love to know what your loved ones thought!

Love Note from the Phillipines

No comments:

Post a Comment