04/01/2018

Hollywood Vintage Accessories

Marilyn Monroe Vanity Case, Audrey Hepburn earrings, brooch, coasters, magnets

I'm a big fan of the Hollywood, vintage style. I have two giant canvases of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn on my living room wall (from TK Maxx, years ago!)

Every time I see something along those lines, I need to buy it!

The first item in the photo is a Marilyn Monroe vanity case which was really handy for me when travelling to and from uni (when I was there...that feels like a lifetime ago now!) with tons of space inside. I can't remember where it was from originally, but I have seen them pop up on eBay and there is one available there at the time of posting. Etsy also have lots of lovely Marilyn makeup bags.

Audrey Hepburn earrings and brooch


The Audrey Hepburn earrings were bought on holiday from a market stall in Barcelona, and the brooch came in a lucky dip bag at a Ruby's Vintage Fair. There are lots of similar earrings and some Audrey brooches available on Etsy, but also keep an eye out at any vintage fairs near you as I see them regularly.

The coasters were also a vintage fair find, this time at Lou Lou's - I see them there often, so you will be likely to find them if you go for a browse. The stall had coasters featuring loads of different vintage superstars. You can check out the Facebook page for Lou Lou's here to see if there are any coming up near you, or check out Ruby's here.

Finally the magnets were a gift at Christmas and they came from Clintons. I don't think that is actually an image of Audrey Hepburn in the magnet, but the style is very similar, so they are still a great accessory for my fridge!

And now I leave you with this picture of me as a wannabe-Marilyn for my movie themed 25th birthday party last April - wish I felt this glam everyday!!

Marilyn Monroe costume

If you know of any good places to find Marilyn/Audrey/Hollywood themed things, let me know in the comments.





No comments:

Post a Comment