06/01/2018

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation Stick vs. Benefit Play Stick



Benefit Play Stick and Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation Stick

Benefit Play Stick has been my go to foundation since...well, ever.

So I was really disappointed when they discontinued it. 

I tried to stay loyal to Benefit and use their 'Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow!' liquid foundation and I did love it. Combined with the Hello Flawless powder it was silky and brightening.

But it was no Play Stick.

The thing about the Play Stick was that the cream to powder consistency meant that it was super easy to apply and to blend with a foundation brush. There was no mess from putting it onto the back of my hand before applying, no risk of leakage when packing it to go away for the weekend. The shade 'Spin the Bottle' suited my complexion perfectly and it had high coverage meaning all of (well...most of) my imperfections were disguised smoothly and subtly.

Since they discontinued it, I have been on the look out for something to take it's place in my make up bag. I have tried plenty of very nice foundations but nothing yet that rivalled it. 

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation Stick is the first product that has come close. It has the same matte finish, the same combination of concealer and foundation, the same ease of applying and the same risk-free travelling. With 20 different shades to choose from, it is definitely a lot easier to find a shade to match your skin tone than with the 3 shades available in the Play Stick. 

On the other hand, the Teint Idole Ultra does have a slightly more greasy feel than the play stick, and it does feel heavier on my skin than the Play Stick did.

The Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation is a pleasure to have in my make up bag. I'm still not quite sure I've found 'The One' though....the Play Stick remains 'The One That Got Away'.

What make up items have you loved that have been discontinued? Did you manage to find replacements? Let me know in the comments.

Benefit Play Stick and Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Foundation Stick

No comments:

Post a Comment