28/01/2018

Organising my Nail Varnish


I am a hoarder.

I think this comes partially from growing up with a Dad who would store everything in the garage in case it 'comes in useful some day' (which, to be fair, most things did with a daughter who breaks everything and needs it fixed) but also my own indecisiveness which means I end up buying about 5 different mascaras before I've finished using the one I already have.

This means that in the bottom of my bag of nail varnishes I still had things from over 10 years ago that had only been used once (if ever). 

I decided it was time to change this! 

I actually rarely use nail varnishes that are not gel since I got my gel nail lamp, so it seemed silly to keep such a large collection. 


The easiest way to do this seemed to be through colour shades. I sorted the varnishes into blues, pinks, clears, reds, maroons etc. At the back there you can also see a group of 'Jessica' nail polishes which I kept separate, as I knew I wouldn't be getting rid of any of them as I am a fan.

I figured I could throw away any that:
a) were clearly separating and not at their best anymore
b) were duplicates
c) I rarely used

..and ended up with this:


Organising always gives me a sense of satisfaction, but I rarely have the motivation to do it! Maybe I'll take on my dressing table next....but I need to put aside a few hours for that one. 

What's your favourite nail varnish brand? Do you tend to stick to gel polishes or use the normal ones too? 



No comments:

Post a Comment